Our range of consultancy services have been proven to save our clients considerable sums of money both in the short term and the long term.
- Work alongside Architects / Designers and CDM Coordinators to produce a plant exit strategy for existing and new buildings;
- Act as your Lifting Consultants to liaise with Principal Contractors to ensure they fulfill their duties under regulations such as the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations;
- Assist Clients with pre-tender information and quotations;
- Can be retained for Appointed Person duties (Tower & Mobile Cranes);
- Provide Lifting/Crane Supervisors to oversee difficult installations by others.
If your company need to use cranes, either mobile or tower or other types of lifting equipment but you do not have the experience or are not qualified i.e. can demonstrate competence, Simmons is able to offer our services as Lifting Assurance Consultants for clients who have a need to use cranes, both mobile and tower, but who may not be qualified or have the experience.
Pre Lift Operations
- examine the lifting operation proposed, independently of the contractor and determine the feasibility of any such lift and give written confirmation of our findings/opinions.
- represent at the planning stage of any aspect of the project and advise on the proposed lifting operation and whether the intended method is not only safe, but applicable in the circumstances.
- examine and critically review all such placns proposed by the Principal Contractor or any Sub-Contractor acting on their behalf, delivering our findings to the client.
- work with the contractor and agree a scheme of work which is applicable to the environment and which reaches the high standards demanded by the client and confirm to the client when such a scheme of work has been agreed.
During Lift Operations
- be present at the assembly of all tower and mobile cranes and ensure the rigging is as agreed and advise the client immediately of any deviation or concerns.
- be present at any lifting operations, ensuring that the lift is being conducted as planned and agreed during the planning stage.
- at any stage of the lifting operation, from planning through to execution, to bring to the attention of the client any concerns and if deemed necessary, to stop any lift if in your opinion it is being conducted in an unsafe manner or for any reason cannot be allowed to continue safely.
Post Lift Operations
- report on the contractor performance during the lift, any agreed deviations from the originally agreed lift with reasons, details of any concerns or interventions necessary to ensure the lift operation progressed safely.
- act as an independent advisor to the client in any HSE investigation, judicial hearing, tribunal or proceedings arising out of the lifting operations.
Our consultants can be employed on an ad-hoc basis to attend site and attend meetings etc.